Property owners who own a home, business, or public space, have a duty to ensure that the property is safe and does not have any dangers or defects that could potentially hurt someone. Unfortunately, many times, property owners neglect to fix a problem that poses such a danger. These are called premises liability cases and are often times some of the most difficult cases on which to obtain compensation. That’s why you need an experienced team of lawyers that can fight for you.
Premises Liability cases are extremely fact-intense and require an in-depth investigation of the area where the injury occurred. These are the most time sensitive cases because after an injury, the property owner will likely fix whatever caused your injury now that it has actually hurt someone. This will severely impact a lawyer’s ability to succeed on your claim. Do not wait to contact our office of experienced personal injury attorneys!
What To Do After A Premises Liability Injury
Taking the necessary steps after experiencing an injury on someone else’s property, while difficult, is the most important way to set your claim up for success. Usually, police will not show up to write a report, and the property owner is going to do everything in their power to protect itself. So, while it may be difficult to do, you should do the following:
- Take pictures: Take as many pictures as possible of what caused you to be injured from every possible angle (there is no such thing as too many pictures).
- Get names of witnesses: Try to remember or write down the names of every person that saw you get injured or helped you after the fact.
- Have incident report made: If you were injured at a business, make sure that they fill out an incident report and get a copy of it.
- Seek medical attention: Immediately see a medical professional to evaluate your injuries. If you are injured to the point that you cannot drive, you may have to have an ambulance come or have someone else take you to see a medical professional.
- Call an experienced attorney: Call our office at The Czack Law Firm, LLC, to get a free consultation regarding your potential premises liability case!
Reach Out Today For A Free Consultation
Czack Law Firm is based in Cleveland, and we serve clients throughout Northeast Ohio. To discuss your legal options with attorneys who listen and care, contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. You can reach out online or call 216-696-9216.